BID have signed JCWI's joint letter to the Home Secretary on the Afghanistan crisis.
Over 100 charities and human rights organisations have written to the Home Secretary, urging a generous and compassionate welcome to Afghan refugees.
We urge the Home Secretary to:
- Abandon the 'resettlement-only' plans set out in the Nationality and Borders Bill, that would criminalise or deny full refugee status to those who make their own journeys to seek asylum in the UK
- Grant immediate asylum to Afghans already waiting for status in the UK
- Release all Afghan nationals from detention
- Expand the family reunion route so that Afghans can be joined by other members of their family, such as parents and siblings
- Join the international effort to evacuate and resettle Afghan nationals
- Stand in solidarity with refugees - join us today