Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID) views fundraising complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person that has made the complaint.
A Guide to Our Fundraising Complaints Procedure
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complain
- To make sure everyone at Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID) knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our work, we’d like to hear about it. We appreciate the opportunity this feedback gives us to learn and improve.
What is a fundraising complaint?
An expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Bail for Immigration Detainees (BIDS)’s fundraising activities including administrative practices or procedures.
A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing.
This policy does not cover complaints from staff, who should use Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID)’s Discipline and Grievance policies.
We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days of receipt and we will tell you who will be dealing with the matter and when you can expect a full response.
Wherever possible, Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID) will respect your confidentiality and keep your complaint confidential as far as possible. All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements. We will handle information in line with the Data Protection Act.
The overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Director.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Written complaints may be sent to the Lead Fundraiser:
Bail for Immigration Detainees (BID), 1b Finsbury Park Road, London N4 2LA
or by e-mail at [email protected]
For more information about our complaints procedure, please click here.