Mission and vision
BID believes that asylum seekers and migrants in the UK have a right to liberty and access to justice and should not be subjected to immigration detention. BID exists to challenge immigration detention in the UK through the provision of legal advice, information and representation alongside research, policy, advocacy and strategic litigation.
As an independent charity BID exists to:
- Challenge long-term detention
- Improve access to justice for immigration detainees
- Challenge the separation of families for immigration purposes
- Challenge the detention of vulnerable people
- Be a high quality, respected, independent organisation with committed and well-supported staff, strong financial and office management and a diverse funding base