BID's core activities
- Providing free legal advice, information and support to immigration detainees to help them exercise their right to liberty and access to justice.
- Preparing and presenting free applications for release on bail or temporary admission.
- Carrying out research and using casework evidence to influence decision-makers, including civil servants, parliamentarians, the judiciary and regulatory bodies through policy advocacy.
- Raising awareness and documenting and publicising injustices through the media and with the general public.
- Carrying out strategic litigation in furtherance of our strategic objectives, using evidence from casework and research.